Rover Diva Logo

Rover Diva Logo

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Easter at Turkey Creek by Grace

On Friday, of Easter weekend, I went camping. We went in the Dormobile to Turkey Creek.  

We set up camp and stamped eggs.  

For dinner we made cheese wrapped in ham, wrapped in chicken, wrapped in bacon.  We cooked them in the Dutch Oven.  Yum!!

Saturday I hiked to a cliff dwelling.  It was a Salado Indian site and was tiny.  





We hiked back to camp and dyed Easter eggs.  



I made an airplane and threw a ball against a cliff.

I started a fire with no matches.  It was fun and the second time I had done this.  

This is how I built it. 
1.  I shredded sycamore bark, then put it in the fire ring. 
2. I then put old leaves on the bark.
3.  Then twigs and sticks. 
4. Got an ember left from an earlier fire.  Then I blew on the ember.

5. And blew

6. And blew

7. And Fire!!!
8.  Then I put on leaves and twigs.  You have to be careful not to let it go out.

9. Add sticks and branches. Keep careful watch!
10.  Before you know it you are adding tree branches, and your fire is a real campfire.

We had our Easter dinner on Saturday night.  My parents had Rack of Lamb.  I don't really like that so I got peanut butter and jelly.  Much better!!

I set out two baskets one with eggs for the Easter Bunny to fill and one with just grass.  
On Easter I opened my baskets.  

My Dad went and hid the eggs and I had an Easter egg hunt.  It was fun!!

Soon we were packing up and heading home. 


2 comments:

  1. Do you have a recipe for the 'cheese wrapped in ham, wrapped in chicken, wrapped in bacon'?

    Sounds incredible!!!

    If you do, please send it to me at:
    correus at yahoo dot com

    Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete